Guidelines for Your Reading Journal
Your journal can be a spiral notebook, a looseleaf binder, or any other form that you want.
There are a few guidelines that you should follow:
- Begin the entry for each assignment on a new page.
- Each assignment should have the following components:
- A header at the top of the page containing
- The date of the class meeting that the reading is for
- The section(s) from the text that the reading covers
- The amount of time you spent on the reading assignment
(This will not be used in
grading your journals, but you will find it valuable as the semester goes on)
- A list of new terms defined in the section and the page number where the definition
- The major results and/or theorems from the section
- An answer to the question "What is the point (or points) of this section?"
- A list questions that you have after completing the reading
Math 398 Home |
T. Ratliff's Home